Certificate in Applied Computer Networks
Flexible & Professional
This programme is a targeted response to a clearly identified need in specific occupations and sectors of the economy in relation to applied computer networks with the objectives of:
- Providing education to a level of best international practice in computer networks, that will enable participating companies to gain competitive advantage through the application of the basic and advanced computer networks principles and to drive improvement and to be able to demonstrate measurable results.
- Delivering the programme through blended education, participants will be able to access it remotely, on-site or by conventional means. Access is therefore greatly improved, and the interruption to a participant’s work is minimised.
- The programme will bring together lecture material on best practice computer networks techniques, tools and implementation practices (both national and international), recognised methodologies and skills, and processes to enable participants to excel in their careers while encouraging life-long learning.
What are the entry requirements?
- A minimum PASS honours bachelor degree (Level 8) in a cognate discipline or
- A minimum PASS honours bachelor degree (Level 8) in a non-cognate discipline with considerable experience and/or ability evidenced by an RPL portfolio of prior experience and learning or
- Equivalent Qualifications. Applicants with equivalent qualifications on the European and International frameworks will also be considered.
- International students must evidence a proficiency in English language (IELTS 6.0).
Who can I contact?
Flexible Learning Team
What modules will I study?
1 Network Design (10 ECTS)
2 Private Cloud & Software Defined Networking (10 ECTS)
3 Data Centre Design& Networking (10 ECTS)
Embedded Professional Certification
(a) VMware Data Centre Virtualisation (VCA)
(b) VMware Data Centre Virtualisation (VCP)
(a) Certified Data Centre Professional
(b) Certified Data Centre Specialist
What are the career prospects?
- IT Manager
- Information Systems
- Network Manager
- Data Centre Designer
- Network Administrator
- Systems Administrator
- Computer Network Engineer
- Network Analyst
2 X 15 week Semesters. 2 classes per week (days TBC). 4pm-6pm
Semester 1 commencing in September 2020
Semester 2 commencing in January 2021
Classes will be delivered primarily online with some face to face workshops to cover the embedded Professional Certifications
What will the time commitment be?
Each 5 credits will normally equate to approximately 100 Total Learning Hours. Total Learning Hours includes the time you spend in class (lectures tutorials, practical elements) and the time you spend completing work outside of college. The balance between these two varies by discipline, and by level of study. You should bear in mind that the workload will increase at particular times e.g. when assisgnments are due.
100% Continuous Assessment
Certificate in Applied Computer Networks (Special Purpose Award Level 9, 30 Credits)
For queries relating to the course content