HDip in Sales Performance & Business Development
Course Code: Postgrad118
Marketing, Enterprise & Digitial Communications
Postgraduate Taught courses
This full-time and part-time programme is aimed at graduates who are looking to advance their careers by achieving a business qualification with a focus on sales and business development, a knowledge and competence required by an increasing number of Irish businesses in 2017, or those currently in employment in a wide variety of sectors, including those with technical expertise or educational qualifications in science, pharmaceuticals, engineering and hospitality but with a need to cross-skill or increasingly focus in the areas of sales and business development.
This programme would be of benefit to anyone interested in a career in Business development, sales; relationship management, sales management, customer experience analysis.
What are the entry requirements?
- An honours degree (level 8) in a non-business or a non-cognate discipline or approved equivalent qualification. Priority of entry will be given to applicants with a higher classification of award.
- A level 7 qualification in a non-business or a non-cognate discipline and at least 1 year relevant professional experience/responsibility.
- Special Case Applications: Prospective participants who do not meet the entry requirements for the programme detailed above, but who may qualify for admission by meeting certain other equivalent criteria, should apply for consideration.
Who can I contact?
What modules will I study?
- Sales Techniques
- Strategic Sales Management
- Sales Negotiations and Relationship Management
- Digital Sales Environment
- Marketing; Brand Management
- Strategic Management Concepts & Practice
- International Marketing; Global Business Management
- Organisational Behaviour
- Doing Business in the UK & EU
* Modules subject to occasional change due to industry or institute requirements
Are there opportunities for further study?
On completion of these programmes, graduates will also be able to apply for Level 9 qualifications in the field of business including LIT’s own Master of Business in Marketing & Management Strategy.
What are the career prospects?
On successful completion of this programme, you will be able to:
- Apply relevant management techniques to effectively manage the sales function & sales organisation
- Analyse the use of relevant sales tools and techniques to develop an effective sales strategy to maximise sales revenue
- Engage in successful sales negotiations and handle objections
- Devise a relationship management strategy to develop and build loyalty
- Use various social media and digital marketing tools to develop a digital sales strategy
Graduates will be equipped to work in Business development, sales; relationship management, sales management, customer experience analysis and related areas.
Morgan McKinley (2017) found that the most in demand roles currently include sales and business development, in particular, sales with a focus on new business, customer service and technical support. Blended skillsets, combining creativity and analytical competence are in high demand.
Entry fee for this programme is €4,350 but is subject to change.