Bachelor of Science in Quality (Online)
Status: Opening Soon
Flexible & Professional
The aim of the Bachelor of Science in Quality (Level 7) is to provide an integration of knowledge, regulatory strategy and skills for working in the areas of quality control, quality assurance, manufacturing, regulatory affairs and auditing within the pharmaceutical//biopharmaceutical /medical device and other related industries.
It provides an ideal upskilling opportunity for quality personnel and also enables cross-skilling of production personnel planning for a career in quality assurance.
This programme will be delivered part-time through innovative online learning approaches involving virtual learning classes, instructor led discussions, group case studies reviews and a range of other online activities.
What are the entry requirements?
To gain access to this programme the following is required:
1. All candidates must have completion of any 2 of the following certificates:
- Certificate in GMP, Quality Documentation & Data Integrity (SPA Level 7)
- Certificate in Regulatory Affairs & Quality (SPA level 7)
- Certificate in Quality Management & Statistics (SPA Level 7)
a) Candidates must hold a Higher Certificate (Level 6, 120 credits) in Engineering, Science or Business. In addition, Business L6’s graduates must have 2 years’ experience in the area of Quality in a scientifically regulated field.
b) Candidates wishing to be considered for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) will be considered on a case-by-case basis by the programme board. It is recognized that potential candidates may have a mix of qualifications and experience in lieu of a Level 6.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE: Applicants who do not have English as their first language must ensure they satisfy English Language requirements. For entry to undergraduate courses, a minimum score of 5.5 in an IELTS exam is required. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure their English proficiency meets these requirements.
Who can I contact?
Flexible Learning Team
What modules will I study?
The programme is comprised of modules from the following three certificates. Please click on below links for further information:
- Good manufacturing practice (GMP) (5 credits, Level 7)
- Documentation (5 credits, Level 7)
- Data Integrity (10 credits, Level 7)
- Cleanroom management (5 credits, Level 7)
- Quality assurance (5 credits, Level 7)
- Regulatory affairs and Auditing (10 credits, Level 7)
- Quality Management practices (5 credits, Level 7)
- Statistics and Lean Six Sigma (5 credits, Level 7)
- Quality Management Project (10 credits, Level 7)
This course is delivered 100% online and is comprised of modules from three Special Purpose Award Certificates (SPA’s). Upon successful completion of any two of these Certificates you may enrol for the Bachelor of Science Degree in Quality. On success completion of the third Certificate you will be awarded a Bachelor of Science in Quality.
The Certificates, which may be completed in any order and in a timeframe to suit you, are:
- Certificate in Science in GMP, Quality Documentation & Data Integrity (SPA, Level 7)
- Certificate in Science in Regulatory Affairs & Quality (SPA, Level 7)
- Certificate in Science in Quality Management & Statistics (SPA, Level 7)
Each Certificate has total duration of 30 weeks, 3 hours per week running from
- September –December (15 weeks)
- December- May (15 weeks)
What will the time commitment be?
Each 5 credits will normally equate to approximately 100 Total Learning Hours. Total Learning Hours includes the time you spend in class (lectures, tutorials, practical elements) and the time you spend completing work outside of college. The balance between these two varies by discipline, and by level of study. You should bear in mind that the workload will increase at particular times e.g. when assignments are due.
Modules in each of the certificates will be assessed by a combination of continuous assessment and final examination paper.
Bachelor of Science in Quality (Level 7)
For queries relating to course content
TBC for 2021.