CAD Parametric Modelling with SolidWorks
Mechanical & Automobile Engineering
Flexible & Professional
The use of computer aided design (CAD) systems in industry has become an essential part of the modern working environment. It is used at all stages of the design period, from conceptualisation and production of working drawings to the production of virtual reality images. This unit aims to further candidates understanding of the CAD Parametric Modelling environment.
What are the entry requirements?
Although there are no formal entry requirements, participants are expected to have a basic understanding of engineering drawings,knowledge of computers and computing skills. This course is suitable for learners that wish to develop skills and knowledge in the CAD environment.
An adequate level of English is required to participate in this course.
What modules will I study?
Upon completion of this course the learner will be able to:
- Use complex sketching and 2D constraints to create features.
- Create and edit work features and use complex feature commands.
- Create and modify simple table driven parts and assemblies.
- Use motion and driven assembly constraints.
- Add additional information to a drawing layout to aid the interpretation of design intent.
- Create presentation quality displays of parts and assemblies.
21st September 2021
30 weeks, 3 hours per week
Tuesday evenings from 7.00pm to 10.00pm
Assessments will be carried out through a mixture of practical assignments and written knowledge tests.
City & Guilds Award in Parametric Modelling with SolidWorks. City & Guilds qualification number 7689-01 & 7689-02.
30th August 2021
For queries relating to the course content
Contact: Jason Daly
€675 tuition fee payable to LIT upon registration.
Additional City & Guilds Assessment fees and registration fee will also apply. These fees will be collected by the exams office during the course of the programme.