Heavy Vehicle Diagnostics (L6, 10 ECTS)
Mechanical & Automobile Engineering
Flexible & Professional
This module is for those involved in the planning, maintaining and management of Heavy Goods and Large Passenger Vehicles. It will give them the skills to diagnose, repair and plan maintenance schedules for heavy vehicle.
What are the entry requirements?
Applicants must be working or have experience in working with Heavy Transport and Passenger Vehicles.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE: Applicants who do not have English as their first language must ensure they satisfy English Language requirements. For entry to undergraduate courses, a minimum score of 5.5 in an IELTS exam is required. For postgraduate courses, a minimum of 6.0 is required. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure their English proficiency meets these requirements.
What modules will I study?
- Air Brakes; Function, Design, Operation, Testing & Diagnostics
- ABS; Function, Design, Operation, Testing & Diagnostics
- EBS; Function, Design, Operation, Testing & Diagnostics
- Air Suspension; Function Design Operation, Testing & Diagnostics
- Engine Management Systems; Function, Design, Operation, Testing & Diagnostics
- Exhaust Management Systems; Function, Design, Operation, Testing & Diagnostics
- Reading Wiring Diagrams
- Transmission and Drive Axle Systems
- Reading Air brake Pneumatic Diagrams
- Use of Bosch and Delphi Diagnostic Tools
6 hours per week in a blended learning format - Lectures, Practical Sessions and Online. The programme will run for one semester. We hope to offer this programme again in the Autumn of 2022.
What will the time commitment be?
Each 5 credits will normally equate to approximately 100 Total Learning Hours. Total Learning Hours includes the time you spend in class (lectures, tutorials, practical elements) and the time you spend completing work outside of college. The balance between these two varies by discipline, and by level of study. You should bear in mind that the workload will increase at particular times e.g. when assignments are due.
100% continuous assessment.
Certificate in Heavy Vehicle Diagnostics (Special Purpose Award, Level 6, 10 credits)
All applicants must complete the online application form and upload the below supporting documents.
To complete your application process you must include the following with your application.
- Current CV
For queries relating to the course content
Contact: Ailbe Burke