HDip in People Management
Course Code: Postgrad120
Marketing, Enterprise & Digitial Communications
Postgraduate Taught courses
This full-time and part-time programme is aimed at graduates who are looking to advance their careers by achieving a business qualification with a strong focus on people management including HRM, talent acquisition, leading & developing people, employee relations and labour law, or those currently in employment in a wide variety of sectors but with a need to cross-skill or refocus in these areas.
Most HR Professionals are expected to operate as “Business Partners” which reflects the thinking above and was rated as the number one job with the most transferrable skill set (CIPD Ireland 2016).
This programme would be of benefit to anyone interested in a career in HR operations, Employee relations, Talent identification and management, and related areas.
What are the entry requirements?
- An honours degree (level 8) in a non-business or a non-cognate discipline or approved equivalent qualification. Priority of entry will be given to applicants with a higher classification of award.
- A level 7 qualification in a non-business or a non-cognate discipline and at least 1 year relevant professional experience/responsibility.
- Special Case Applications: Prospective participants who do not meet the entry requirements for the programme detailed above, but who may qualify for admission by meeting certain other equivalent criteria, should apply for consideration.
Who can I contact?
What modules will I study?
- Human Resource Management
- Professional HR Practice Work Psychology
- Organisational Behaviour & Change Mgt
- Employee Relations and Labour Law; Leading and Developing People
- Strategic Management Concepts & Practice
- Enterprise & Innovation
- New Venture Planning
- Financial Decision Making
* Modules subject to occasional change due to industry or institute requirements
Are there opportunities for further study?
On completion of these programmes, graduates will also be able to apply for Level 9 qualifications in the field of business including LIT’s own Master of Business in Marketing & Management Strategy.
What are the career prospects?
On completion of this programme graduates will be able to:
- Manage people effectively through a strong applied knowledge of HR and general business skills and competencies
- Devise effective strategies around core HR functions such as talent acquisition, job design, pay and reward, learning and development and managing performance
- Advise on employee relations issues concerning the legal context of work
- Act as a business partner in the organisation, using a knowledge of strategic management and financial decision making to strengthen the HR function’s voice
- Influence diplomatically through an applied knowledge of work psychology
- Use strong across-the-board management skills to work in HR or general people management.
Given the strong growth in many sectors of the Irish economy, this calls for HR professionals with human resources, recruitment and training skills to fulfil these staffing needs. Recruitment consultants and organisations need HR graduates with a deep appreciation of these growth sectors and what employers require from potential applicants. In today's competitive marketplace, organisations work hard to ensure that their human resources are fulfilled in their roles and skilled HR professionals have a significant role to play in this regard. Organisations are also evolving at a significant pace and HR professionals have a core role to play in managing change in organisations, either internally or using specialist HR consultancies to assist them in the change process.
Entry fee for this programme is €4,350 but is subject to change.