LIT Employability+ Award 2020/21
Limerick Institute of Technology is renowned for producing work-ready graduates with the practical skills and competencies to thrive in their careers.
The LIT Employability Award aims to:
- Enhance student employability and build confidence in students as they enter the world of work.
- Encourage participants to focus on developing the skills needed to stand out in the employer selection process for internships, placements and graduate roles.
- Acknowledge the many extra-curricular activities students are engaging in to prepare for their career journey.
- provide an excellent addition to their CV & ensure they can stand out from the crowd
Structure of the Award:
Participants will be invited to engage in self-assessment, network with employers, attend employability skills workshops and complete work experience to win the award. Students will also be asked to reflect on their experience and learning.
To be successful, six key areas must be evidenced:
- Explore – Completion of online self-assessments
- Attendance at three employer events and one Careers & Employability skills workshop/CV Review Clinic.
- Register your Work / Voluntary Activities (minimum of 40 hours)
- Production and submission of a CV
- Attendance at a Career Planning appointment
- Submission of a final reflection (300 words)
The award can be completed between September 2021 and June 2022. Any Careers & Employability Service Events or Employer Events you have attended to date in this academic year will count towards the award.
You must complete all activities by Friday 3rd June 2022
Benefits of the Awards:
- Enhances student employability and builds confidence
- Ensures your CV will stand out from the crowd
- Formalises learning already taking place
- Encourage students to engage with their career development.
- Offers students the opportunity to engage employers.
Successful participants will be invited to participate in an awards ceremony where they will be recognised by the President of the Institute.