Skip to main content

How to apply to change course / Transfer

Entry to 1st year: 
Students wishing to tranfer into 1st year of another programme, internally or externally, must apply to CAO. Existing 3rd Level students can apply up to mid-July normally - see for further information

Advanced Entry to 2nd/3rd/4th year:
Students wishing to transfer into 2nd or subsequent years of a programme either in LIT or elsewhere should apply directly to the admissions office of the Institution in question. This includes holders of Level 6 & 7 qualifications who wish to continue to add-on programmes. See individual college websites for further information. Note that closing dates are generally as early as April 1st (Institutes of Technology) through to mid-June (Universities)

Transferring to Northern Ireland, Scotland, England or Wales: 
Students wishing to transfer to colleges/universities in the UK should apply to UCAS - This includes those wishing to continue to further qualifications and request advanced entry. The closing date is December 15th but late applications may be accepted


Please be aware that video and photography content on this website was produced prior to COVID-19