Higher Education Access Route (HEAR) and who can apply?
TUS is part of the Higher Education Access Route (HEAR). HEAR is an alternative admissions route for school leavers who for social, financial, or cultural reasons are under-represented in third level education. It was set up to ensure that all Leaving Certificate students have a fair and equal opportunity to progress to third level education.
HEAR is open to school leavers (under 23 years old as of 1st January 2023) who are resident in the Republic of Ireland. Mature and FET (Further Education and Training) students have their own admissions routes and should contact the admissions office for more information. Applications to HEAR can only be made on-line through the CAO.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- If you apply to TUS, you must achieve the Minimum Entry Requirements for your chosen course.
- Minimum entry requirements vary from course to course.
- Students must obtain both the minimum entry requirements and the specific programme requirements.
How do I apply to HEAR?
- Applications to HEAR can only be made on-line through the CAO.
- For information about the process of applying to HEAR please visit the accesscollege.ie website here. Details of the application time line are on accesscollege.ie here.
NB: To complete the HEAR application you will need help from your parents/guardians and to use the HEAR hand book. The HEAR handbook is available from the accesscollege.ie website here.
How will I know if I am HEAR eligible?
Students who apply to HEAR on-line through the CAO will be notified of the outcome of their application by the end of June. Details of the application time line are available on accesscollege.ie here.