Support for Traveller Students
As part of our commitment to promoting equitable access to and successful participation in higher education, there is a dedicated support worker available to all Traveller students in both a pre-entry and post entry capacity.
The Traveller support service can be accessed in the strictest of confidence.
The Traveller Support Service Involves
- Working with Travellers and Traveller organisations to promote the courses, student supports and facilities available at TUS.
- Supporting members of the Traveller Community who are attending any course at TUS Midwest.
- Promoting TUS Midwest’s Transition to Higher Education Programme (TUS | Certificate in Transition to Higher Education (Foundation Programme) (lit.ie).
- Building and sustaining positive relationships between TUS and the Traveller Community.
- If you are attending TUS Midwest and are in need of support or advice, please fill in our Traveller support contact form here
Traveller Support Worker
- Our Traveller Support Worker is Aileen Sheehan. She is based primarily at the Moylish Campus and travels regularly to the other TUS Midwest Campuses (LSAD, Ennis, Clonmel and Thurles).
- Any queries in relation to Traveller support can be directed to Aileen at: firstname.lastname@example.org, 089-4981528 or complete the form below.
The video below is a collaboration between the Access Service and Tipperary Rural Traveller Project (TRTP). Artist and Limerick School of Art and Design (LSAD) graduate Francesca Hutchinson facilitated a four-day art workshop for Traveller children living in Cashel. The children created ‘identity boxes’ which were showcased on Culture Night 2022 in our Thurles Campus. The video shows the children working on their identity boxes and speaking about what their identity means to them.