The safety of our community relies on a responsible partnership between LIT students and the institution. Our COVID-19 Student Charter together with our COIVD-19 Guidelines and Responsibilities for Students outlines the commitment expected by all students throughout the academic year 2020 – 2021.
As a student of LIT;
- I will follow LIT’s Guidelines as outlined in https://lit.ie/covid19 and Public Health Guidelines related to reducing the spread of Covid-19. I understand that this is likely to change regularly so I will take personal responsibility for ensuring I am up to date with the latest information which is available at https://lit.ie/covid19 and https://www2.hse.ie/coronavirus/ .
- I understand that in addition to adhering to public health measures, downloading and maintaining the free COVID19 Tracker app will help us to protect each other and slow the spread of coronavirus in Ireland.
- I will endeavour to take all necessary health and safety precautions to protect myself and others.
- I will adhere to the mandatory and proper wearing of a face covering/mask indoors on all LIT campus environments. If I am unable to wear a face covering/mask I will provide medical verification to my academic department.
- I will adhere to all hygiene precautions including proper hand hygiene (washing and sanitising), respiratory hygiene and relevant social distancing measures as detailed in https://www2.hse.ie/coronavirus/
- I will inform email@example.com if I have an underlying medical condition which requires further support to attend campus.
- I will adhere to all of the environmental safety measures throughout my time on campus.
- I will strictly adhere to the National Guidelines outlined in https://www.gov.ie/en/campaigns/75d92-covid-19-travel-advice/ with respect the protocols which are to be followed before, during and after any travel to and from Ireland.
- I will not attend any learning environment if I have been diagnosed with Covid-19.
- I will not attend any learning environment if I experience Covid-19 symptoms and/or considered a close contact to a positive case. I will follow guidance to self-isolate and get a test. In this event I will report my COVID-19 health status to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- If I become unwell at college with COVID-19 like symptoms I will leave the campus immediately, returning safely to my accommodation and without compromising others. I will follow guidance to self-isolate and get a test. I will report these symptoms to email@example.com .
- As a member of the LIT community I will behave appropriately, consider others, follow national and local advice and the public health guidelines, act responsibly and uphold the core values and policies of our institution.
- I know that this is an ever-developing situation – one which requires everyone’s ongoing vigilance and personal responsibility.