LIT researchers working on the Interreg-funded Carbon Connects project will be hosting a webinar looking at the future of Irish peatlands and future business models, as well as work completed on the project so far.
The project, which is worth an overall €4.45 million (€340,000 to LIT), aims to reduce 50% of all CO2 emissions caused by traditional practices on agricultural peatlands. The project will run until December 2021.
The webinar will include covering the following areas:
- Introduction to peatlands
- Introduction to EU Carbon Connects
- LIT Carbon Connects pilot site
- Freshwater Pearl Mussel Project’s collaboration with Carbon Connects
- LIT pilot site activities
- Preliminary pilot site results
The webinar will take place on Zoom on Friday, 10th July at 10am BST and will last for roughly one hour. Attendance is free but registration for places is required.
To confirm attendance, please register on Eventbrite at this link.