Duration: 36 months (July 2015 – June 2018)
LIT Project Budget: €129,395
Total Project Budget: €1,426,000
Train to nZEB is a 36-month EU funded project under Horizon 2020 with the main aim to establish a functioning network of training and consultation centres (known as Building Knowledge Hubs, BKHs) in the construction sector.
This will provide theoretical and practical training and consulting services on the execution of nearly-zero energy building (NZEB) for professionals, construction workers and specialists according to the BUILD UP Skills national roadmaps. These BKHs are located in Bulgaria, Romania, Czech Republic, Turkey and Ukraine and will offer trainings for highly-qualified building professionals, construction workers, non-specialists and policy makers. This combined with administrative and financial consultancy services, will result in increased capacity for implementation of NZEB in the involved countries.
LIT, Passive House Academy (PHA) in Ireland and Passive House Institute (PHI) in Germany are the peers for executing the training and advising on the development of the BKHs.
Objectives and Aims of the Project
- Development of publicly available Terms of Reference for the setting up of the BKHs.
- Adaptation of existing and development of new training programs for each cohort.
- Building of internal capacity through train-the-trainer activities, targeting at least 90 qualified trainers.
- The implementation of training courses in each of the countries according to the annual training plans.
- Strict monitoring and evaluation for constant improvement of the offered services.
- Setting up of a web-based networking platform providing facilities for knowledge sharing and exchange between the BKHs.
- Conduction of a targeted dissemination and communication campaign to increase the market demand and awareness for NZEB.