Development Unit Manager
Padraic is an engineer and manager with a substantial development project track record in the building services and renewable heating sector. He now provides leadership for the Development Unit activities at TUS.
Padraic's role includes management of the Development Unit based in Thurles as well as the promotion of appropriate opportunities for collaboration with external organisations in development projects within the catchment area of the TU and nationally.
This work involves identifying, disseminating and advising on national, EU and international project funding opportunities across the Institute as well as helping to provide opportunities for post-graduate researchers on research and development projects being implemented from within the Development Unit.
Padraic joined the Development Unit in September 2017 to work on the Superhomes 2.0 project.
Padraic holds a degree in Mechanical Engineering and a Masters Degree in Project Management, both from the University of Limerick.
Areas of expertise
- Renewable heating
- Heat pumps
- Energy efficiency
- Mechanical building services
- Project management
Key ongoing projects
Publications / research
- Best Practice Guide for ASHP Retrofit, D4.4 of Superhomes 2.0
- Optimisation of air source heat pumps in residential retrofits, Journal of Sustainable Design and Applied Research, TU Dublin, Ireland (O’Reilly, P., Hoyne, S., O’Shea, M.)
- The Impact of Extreme Weather on Electricity demand from homes heated by Air Source Heat Pumps. 8th Eur. Conf. Ren. Energy Sys. 09-11 June 2020, Istanbul, Turkey (Chesser, M., Lyons, P., O’Reilly, P., Carroll, P.)
- Probability density distributions for household air source heat pump electricity demand. 10th International Conference on Sustainable Energy Information Technology (SEIT) August 9-12, 2020, Leuven, Belgium (Chesser, M., Lyons, P., O’Reilly, P., Carroll, P.)
Phone: (+353) 504 28003