Duration: 24 months (December 2018 – December 2020)
LIT Project Budget: €50,373
Total Project Budget: €270,303
What is EMwoSE?
The EMwoSE project replies to the following needs:
1) women from ethnic minorities need to be aware of successful female entrepreneurs as role models to increase their self-confidence;
2) trainers, social workers and relevant parties require innovative and adapted methodologies to transfer entrepreneurship skills to women from ethnic minorities taking into consideration the cultural barriers;
3) women from ethnic minorities and trainers/social workers/business advisors would benefit from having access to online open educational resources in order to empower themselves according to their needs and their interests.
Considering these needs, the project aims at increasing the employment of women from ethnic minorities providing them with the knowledge and practical skills necessary for engaging in the social enterprise world. In order to achieve this goal, the project will take into consideration the barriers that women from ethnic minorities face: current working conditions, business management skills gaps, lack of adequate mentorship, psychological and cultural obstacles.
The main target groups of the project, therefore, are: firstly, women from ethnic minorities interested in Social Enterprises and secondly the trainers, social workers and business advisors that can support them. Gender equality and economic integration of ethnic minorities are transversal and cross-borders challenges identified as priorities by the public authorities of all participating countries.
Subsequently, in order to efficiently and effectively address these complexes issues, the actions in the field should be carried out through a multi-disciplinary and comparative approach via transnational collaborative projects.
Objectives and Aims of the Project
- To undertake a State of Art Report that will enable the partner countries and relevant stakeholders to have a clear picture of the current state-of-art of Social Enterprise reality for women from ethnic minorities
- To develop a storytelling library of success stories of video interviews (5-10 minutes) with successful women entrepreneurs. These will be accessible on the web platform in a specific section ‘storytelling library of success stories’’ with the transcript of the interview and a brief description of the woman biography and of her social enterprise.
- To produce learning resources for coaching/training that gathers methods and techniques for teachers and business advisors to effectively transfer knowledge and skills to the target groups. The learning resources will be accessible on the web platform.
- To develop an E-learning platform to ensure that dissemination and exploitation of the project throughout Europe will be provided.
- To increase the potential of women entrepreneurs contributing to the socio-economic growth of the countries.
Latest EMwoSE news
Latest news on the EMwoSE project from LIT can be seen below.