Duration: 24 months (November 2019 - October 2021)
LIT Project Budget: €54,625
Total Project Budget: €287,064
What is CLIL for STEAM?
Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) plays an increasingly important role in language education.
At the same time, STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics) is important because it
pervades every part of our lives.
Objectives and Aims of the Project
The CLIL for STEAM project aims to combine the study of CLIL and STEAM. Specific objectives of the project are:
- to provide teachers using CLIL method with necessary knowledge and skills to create their own materials.
- to provide teachers and students with high quality and highly transferable CLIL based teaching materials focusing on STEAM curricula.
- to create a community of practice through which teachers and educators could share their CLIL materials and tips for teaching STEAM in a foreign language.
- A set of valuable CLIL based Educational Videos for STEAM. These are being produced by the LIT team working on the project.
- A set of Teaching Resources for the implementation of CLIL for STEAM.
- Teachers’ guidelines for using CLIL to teach STEAM.