Application Process for Mature Students
This Institute welcomes mature students and accepts applications from persons of mature years, that is, those who are 23 years of age on 1 January, preceding entry. All mature student applicants are processed via the CAO. Such applications, together with documentary proof of relevant work experience and/or qualifications, which applicants wish to have considered, should be submitted to the CAO in line with dates published on the CAO website.
The Institute may, at their discretion, extend the closing date for mature applicants for specific programmes. Mature applicants are advised to contact the Admissions Office for a list of such programmes.
Mature Students Applications Process
The following are the LIT guidelines for the processing of Mature Applications:
- Details of all mature student applications are received by LIT via the CAO.
- The majority of places are offered by LIT to Mature Students as early as possible but no later than 31 March in the year of entry. Mature applicants to all programmes, with the exception of some programmes, are automatically offered a place.
- For programmes where applicants may be called for interview by LIT please check the this document.
- All Mature Applicant Offer Letters issued by LIT will clearly advise that the official CAO Offer will be issued in early July (Round A).
- Please note that applicants who wish to be assessed as a Mature Student can only avail of the CAO ‘Change of Mind’ option if they have consulted directly with the LIT Admissions Office.
Mature Student Calendar of Events
The following is a brief calendar of the annual events related to the Mature Applicant Process:
|3.||Late April/Early May||
|6.||Late August/Early September||