Access to Apprenticeship (ATA) supports the transition of young people (16-24 years old) from disadvantaged backgrounds into an apprenticeship scheme. It is a 12-week full-time programme and is delivered by the Dept. of Built Environment on the TUS Moylish campus, Limerick city.
Access to Apprenticeship gives you the opportunity to;
- Sample a range of apprenticeships in; Construction, Engineering, Electrical, Motor and Aviation industries
- Prepare your CV and Interview Skills
- Undertake two weeks of work experience
- Obtain Health & Safety and Safe Pass Certificates
Minimum entry requirements
- Aged 16 – 24
- Minimum of grade D in 5 subjects in the Junior Certificate or equivalent
Satisfying the following criteria:
1. Gross family income on or below €45,790 in 2021
2. You or Your Parents/Guardians in receipt of:
(a) a means tested social welfare payment in 2021
(b) A medical card/GP visit card holder in 2021
(a) Attended a designated disadvantaged school (DEIS) OR
(b) Live in an area of disadvantage. Verified using the Eircode for your address OR
(c) Are or have been in the care of the state OR
(d) Your Parents/Guardians have not gone to college (higher education)
How to Apply
Our next course starts on 9th January 2023. Closing date to submit applications is the 2nd December 2022.
- Via Post To: Pat Galvin, Programme Officer - Access to Apprenticeship, TUS Moylish Campus, Limerick, Ireland V94 EC5T
- Via Scan or Email To: email@example.com
For further information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 061 - 293515 or 086 - 1368150.
If you are interested in future Access to Apprenticeship Programmes please also email or contact us with your expression of interest.