Our commitment to sport is underlined by our Sports Scholarship programme which allows students who are at the forefront of their chosen sport to apply for a range of supports. We are proud to invest in our students to support and encourage them in reaching their sporting potential and each year, we recognise the achievements and excellence of our students in their respective fields.
All applicants must be registered with a National Governing Body recognised by Sport Ireland.
There are three types of TUS Sports Scholarships:
TUS Gold Sports Scholarship
Gold Sports Scholarships cater for students competing at the very highest level of their chosen sport;
- Basketball - Super League
- GAA - Senior Intercounty Gaelic Games
- Liam McCarthy Hurling
- Sam Maguire Football
- O'Duffy Cup Camogie
- Brendan Martin Cup Ladies Football
- Rugby - Provincial Academy/Sub-Academy, Current Underage IRFU International
- Soccer - FAI League of Ireland (Premier/Division 1), Current Underage FAI International
- Other Sports - Current International Athlete
TUS Silver Sports Scholarship
Silver Sports Scholarships cater for developing athletes, who are aiming to reach the highest level in their chosen sport;
- Basketball - National League Division 1
- GAA - Minor/U20/Lower Tier Adult Gaelic Games
- Joe McDonagh, Christy Ring, Nicky Rackard or Lory Meaghar Hurling
- Tailteann Cup Football
- Jack McGrath or Kay Mills Camogie
- Mary Quinn Memorial or Junior Championship Ladies Football
- Rugby - AIL, Former Provinicial Development Squad or Underage IRFU International ~ within previous 2 years
- Soccer - U19 FAI League of Ireland (Premier/Division 1), Former Underage FAI International ~ within 2 previous years
- Other Sports - Former International Athlete (within previous 2 years), Provinical Development Squad, National Level Athlete
TUS Bronze Sports Scholarship
Bronze Sports Scholarships are designed to support athletes who compete at club/non-elite level, and also contribute towards their respective sport(s) in other capacities e.g. administration, coaching, fundraising, promotion, etc.
Scholarships are awarded on an annual basis.
Closing Date for TUS scholarship applications is 23rd Sept 2022.
For students wishing to apply for accomodation, the closing date is 26th August 2022.
Scholarship Applications are now open. Apply here
Benefits of TUS Sports Scholarships
An individualised package of benefits is awarded to each scholarship recipient and can include:
- Financial Support
- Accomodation Support
- Academic Support
- Coaching Support
- Sports Psychology
- Injury Management
- Gym Package
- Sports Nutrition
- Coaching Education
Each scholarship will be determined by the needs of the individual and his/her chosen sport. Scholarship applications will be assessed and awarded by the TUS Sports Council. Any support services will depend on the type of scholarship awarded and may be paid in full or subsidised. Additional support may be given to individual on a discretionary basis by request to the TUS Sports Council.
Successful applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The applicant must be a prospective or current TUS student.
- Prospective students must meet their course entry requirements through the CAO system and accept, enrol and register in a full-time course in TUS in 2022/2023.
- Current students must have successfully passed their examinations, show satisfactory academic progression and have excelled in their chosen sport.
- Compete at the highest level in your chosen sport while in TUS.
- Show satisfactory attendance at matches, training and classes while playing with TUS.
- Help with coaching, administration, promotion and development of your sports club in TUS.
Successful applicants may be called for interview. The final decision on each application lies with the TUS Sports Council. TUS has the right to terminate your scholarship if criteria are not adhered.