Our commitment to sport is underlined by our Sports Scholarship programme which allows students who are at the forefront of their chosen sport to apply for a range of supports. We are proud to invest in our students to support and encourage them in reaching their sporting potential and each year, we recognise the achievements and excellence of our students in their respective fields.
There are two types of LIT Sports Scholarships:
LIT Gold Sports Scholarship
The Gold level scholarships are aimed at students that are competing at the highest level of their chosen sport, eg. Intercounty, Interprovincial, International, FAI League of Ireland.
LIT Silver Sports Scholarship
The Silver level scholarships aim to give students the opportunity to develop and attain the highest level in their chosen sport while studying in LIT. Administration scholarships are available to students that support LIT Sports clubs through areas such as social media, training, etc.
Scholarships are awarded on an annual basis.
Benefits of LIT Sports Scholarships
An individualised package of benefits is awarded to each scholarship recipient and can include:
- Financial Support
- Academic Support
- Coaching Support
- Sports Psychology
- Injury Management
- Gym Package
- Sports Nutrition
- LIT Sports Merchandise
- Coaching Education
Each scholarship will be determined by the needs of the individual and his/her chosen sport. Scholarship applications will be assessed and awarded by the LIT Sports Council. Any support services will depend on the type of scholarship awarded and may be paid in full or subsidised. Additional support may be given to individual on a discretionary basis by request to the LIT Sports Council.
Successful applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The applicant must be a prospective or current LIT student.
- Prospective students must meet their course entry requirements through the CAO system and accept, enrol and register in a full-time course in LIT in 2021/2022.
- Current students must have successfully passed their examinations, show satisfactory academic progression and have excelled in their chosen sport.
- Compete at the highest level in your chosen sport while in LIT.
- Show satisfactory attendance at matches, training and classes while playing with LIT.
- Help with coaching, administration, promotion and development of your sports club in LIT.
Successful applicants may be called for interview. The final decision on each application lies with the LIT Sports Council. LIT has the right to terminate your scholarship if the criteria is not adhered to.