The GAA have underlined their commitment to the ongoing educational development of their players and members through its bursary scheme. The Munster Council GAA Bursaries (valued at €750 per year) are administered by the Provincial Council and are awarded in accordance with the conditions outlined below and any additional criteria laid down by the individual Provincial Council.
Applications are open to members of the Association who are attending a full-time Higher Education course (except those who hold another GAA-related or college scholarship/bursary) and who are active participants in their college club. Candidates may be awarded bursaries in successive years (limit of two years only), subject to passing exams and satisfactory evidence of a significant contribution to the college club.
Applicants should complete their application form, signed by the LIT GAA Development Officer. The completed form should be returned to the LIT Sports Office by the appropriate closing date. Applicants will be called for interview.
Application forms are available on the Munster GAA website.
Successful applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must be a prospective or current LIT student.
- Prospective students must meet their course entry requirements through the CAO system and accept, enrol and register in a full-time course in LIT in 2020/2021.
- Current students must have successfully passed their examinations, show satisfactory academic progression and have excelled in their chosen sport.
- Compete at the highest level in your chosen sport while in LIT.
- Show satisfactory attendance at matches, training and classes while playing with LIT.
- Help with coaching, administration, promotion and development of your sports club in LIT.