How can I apply or register for my programme?
Details of how to apply for your relevant programme are provided on each course page. The options available include:
- Apply On-line: Some of LITs programme allow you to Apply on-line using LITs on-line application system. Click the relevant tab on the course page and follow the instructions provided.
- Email: Download and complete the Application/Registration Form for the relevant course from the course page and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Post: Download and complete the Application/Registration Form for the relevant course from the course page and post it to our offices in Limerick or Thurles.
Application/Registration cannot be completed over the phone.
Make sure you complete all sections of your application form and attach all relevant information and supporting documentation as outlined on the form.
I want to apply for a Springboard programme?
Springboard programme applications are managed through a central website, www.springboardcourses.ie. Go to this website, search for your programme of study and complete the relevant information. The application, once complete, will be directed to LIT and we will then review it and, if you meet the relevant entry requirements, offer you a place on the programme. You must accept the offer of a place on the programme via the Springboard portal for your place on the programme to be confirmed.
My course is full - what can I do?
If a programme is full to capacity, a waiting list will be established, based either on the order in which registrations are received after the programme has full registration, or on the most suitable candidates. How waiting lists are created is dependent on the nature of the programme and the entry requirements of the programme. As places become available, offers will be made in order from the waiting list, and on the basis that fees are paid in full. In order to be completely fair to those on a waiting list, the integrity of these lists will be maintained without exception.
What is the difference between and application form and a registration form?
Programmes which have specific entry requirements and may for example include the need for an interview would normally require you to complete an application form. Examples might include a Masters/Postgraduate programme or programmes where a specific skill or competence is required before starting the programme. The application form is reviewed by a relevant member of staff and the applicant is responded to.
Programmes which have straight forward entry requirements as outlined in the course description normally simply involve a registration form being completed.
When can I apply?
For programmes that start in September Applications/Registrations normally open in June. For programmes that start in January Applications/Registrations normally open in November.
Where can I get an application/registration form?
You can get your application/registration form in the following ways:
- Search for your programme of study using the Search Function, go to the course page and apply online
- Email us at email@example.com to request the specific application form for the course you wish to apply for